Re: ? jedit

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: ? jedit
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 20:22:02 -0700 (PDT)

freeman gilmore wrote:

> I have instald Lily Pond and Jedit.   I have Lily Pond Tools extracted and
> placed were Lily pond is placed in program Files as instruted.   Also I have
> tryed to find then with Program Manager/ instal, not on the list.  Help?

Are you on Windows?

Well, jEdit might not show up on a Program Manager list because
it's run from jedit.jar (there's no jedit.exe). javaw.exe is the
application that calls jedit.jar. java.exe is part of the Java
suite (/Program Files/Java/).

Anyway, program shortcuts usually show up in the start-button
menu in Windows. Did you check there?

If not, you can try the following (you may have to change things
to match your setup):

start > Run

copy and paste this into the "Open" field and press <Enter>:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx192M -jar "C:\Program
Files\jEdit\jedit.jar" -reuseview

Let me know how it goes.
- Mark