Re: Need some help with \include "makam.ly"

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Need some help with \include "makam.ly"
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:47:38 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:
> Interesting.  Nobody who touched that part of the docs, including
> me, has ever installed lilypond via a package manager.  Hopefully
> Trevor can modify the section accordingly.

In my case this is Ubuntu 9.04.  I don't know if it varies with
different distros, but the location is standard.

I seem to recall that even using the Lilypond source installer, when I
was running 2.11.x, everything wound up in

   /usr/local/share/lilypond/x.yy.z/

... which is the standard location for user-installed packages.

(The annoying thing with using the package manager is that you never get
the 2.12.x updates even though they are bugfixes.  I don't know whether
this is a policy decision -- Lilypond is from the 'universe' repository
of community-maintained packages rather than the core supported packages
-- but if we can get in touch with the maintainers it might be worth
seeing if this can be addressed.)

Best wishes,

    -- Joe