Re: Minor releases?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Minor releases?
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:29:25 +0200

Le dimanche 16 août 2009 à 14:34 -0700, Graham Percival a écrit :
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 11:48:53AM -0400, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
> > I don't see any straightforward way of seeing a changelog or
> > anything which tells the differences between minor releases.
>
> The git log messages.

And the news item and lilypond.org, which is also sent by email to
address@hidden

> There's a NEWS/Changes document that shows any major changes.
> Other than that, the only location are the git log messages.  No,
> we're not going to add a third source of info about such things;
> we already don't have enough people working on administration as
> it is.

I'm thinking of generating automatically (like translations status) a
documentation Change Log that would report new, changed and removed
sections, including links to the relevant sections (yet another
application of a Texinfo parser).  I wouldn't be surprised if this could
improve review of doc changes, as even users with almost no time
available could give feedback and suggest corrections.

Best,
John