Re: Wideining one measure so that dynamics don't overlap

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Wideining one measure so that dynamics don't overlap
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:49:02 -0700

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 01:56:04PM -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi Reinhold,
>
>> How can I make that one measure wider, while all other measures are
>> spaced normally?
>
> Here are a couple of ideas:
>     1. \override the NoteColumn #'X-extent
>     2. \override the Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn #'padding
>     3. create a new dynamic which includes both dynamics and the desired
> amount of hspace
>     4. add a hidden voice with a MultiMeasureRest, and adjust the
> #'minimum-length.

I thought the typical way was:
  5. add a bunch of s16 or s32 to the dynamic {}
    < { c1 } { s32*16\p  s\ff } >

... on second thought, this method might only work if you have
actual notes, such as
    < { c1 } { \hideNotes c32*16\p  c\ff } >
which of course could screw up other parts of the formatting.

Cheers,
- Graham