Re: Minor releases?

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Minor releases?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:51:40 -0400

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=log;h=refs/heads/master

> It's only intended to be read by developers, contributors and curious
> people.
>
> HTH,
> John

What I do not understand is how "mere" bugfixes are irrelevant to the
user of stable releases. Seems to me that fixes are the most important
factors, if not the only factors, in making a choice of *minor* versions
of stable releases.  I don't see how the git file helps the user,
because there is usually ;-) more than a week between releases.  The
NEWS file does not explain the difference between 2.12.1 and 2.12.2.
Apparently, nothing does.

Perhaps you could solicit volunteers to track *one* regression test each
every two weeks.  Put up step 1. step2... instructions and a signup
sheet.  I would be happy to do that as soon as my computer troubles are
resolved. Over years it could make a real difference.  Regards, daveA

--
Very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises.  Intermediate guitar
solos, theory, banjo, harmonica.  Free download of technical exercises