Re: Minor releases?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Minor releases?
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 00:50:42 +0100

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:51:40AM -0400, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
> What I do not understand is how "mere" bugfixes are irrelevant to the
> user of stable releases. Seems to me that fixes are the most important
> factors, if not the only factors, in making a choice of *minor* versions
> of stable releases.  I don't see how the git file helps the user,
> because there is usually ;-) more than a week between releases.  The
> NEWS file does not explain the difference between 2.12.1 and 2.12.2.
> Apparently, nothing does.

Nothing does?  We told you what does.  The git log explains it
exactly.  Now, that's more information than you want, but that's
your problem, not ours.

> Perhaps you could solicit volunteers

Perhaps, since *you* want a summary of the git log, *you* could
volunteer to write such a summary for each stable release.

I have enough trouble finding volunteers to handle tasks which
delay releases and other major projects.  I'm definitely not going
to ask anybody to spend time on this.

- Graham