Re: Naturals & Accidental_engraver

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Naturals & Accidental_engraver
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 06:52:38 +0200

On 21.08.2009, at 04:21, Simon Mackenzie wrote:

I'm lost on this one...

If I place the override in the voice context I end up with the following which is nothing like what I need to achieve.

Okay, I think I finally understand your question. You have \book block that has the accidental engraver stencil set to false, you want to turn it on for this one piece. You do that at the staff level. An example follows:
\version "2.12.2"
\\layout { \context { \Staff \override Accidental #'stencil = ##f } }

music = \relative c' { f4 e d c }

keys = { \key c \minor }

\score {
   \new Staff << \music \keys >>
   \layout {}
}

\score {
   \new Staff << \music \keys >>
   \layout { \context { \Staff \revert Accidental #'stencil } }
}

James E. Bailey