Re: GDP and (Learning Manual and Notation Reference)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP and (Learning Manual and Notation Reference)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:54:50 +0100

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:43:24AM -0400, Ralph Palmer wrote:
> Is the GDP dead?

Yes, but there's always room for more doc work.  Also, GDP2 might
start in a month or two.

> If not, is there anything ready for indexing? If not,
> should I start working on reviewing something? I would be willing to make a
> start on LM 5 Working, but I don't feel qualified to make substantive
> changes.

LM 5 is being moved into the AU, which (still) isn't quite ready
for comments yet.

> I can look for grammar and organization and make sure stuff works,
> but I've had little or no success myself with larger projects. NR 2.3
> Unfretted strings might be another possibility; please remind me what
> "reviewing" entails.

I'd encourage you to focus on NR 1+2, not including 2.1 Vocal.  As
for reviewing,
- do all the examples show what they claim to show?
- can you simplify the existing text?
- can you simplify the existing examples?
- is there any missing information?
- are there any missing references/links?

Cheers,
- Graham