Re: polyphony in tablature

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: polyphony in tablature
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:23:50 +0200

Graham Percival schrieb:
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 11:31:04PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
Le vendredi 21 août 2009 à 21:53 +0100, Graham Percival a écrit :
Ah, I was unclear.  It checks for texi2html (oops, I meant to say
that above!), but not the version number.
Does it really on your system?!  Please test and/or check before
claiming this.

My apologies, I'm wrong.  I managed to encounter the same error
message as Marc, but not due to configure: I installed texi2html
1.82 into $HOME/usr/, export PATH=$HOME/usr/:$PATH, ran
configure, and compiled the docs fine... then, another day, I
tried recompiling the docs and it failed.  I'd forgotten to add
the PATH to my .profile, so it picked up the debian-installed
version rather than my self-compiled version.

There's probably some similarly odd story behind Marc's error,
unless he ignored the warning from configure.
My story is simple: I have texi2html 1.78 and didn't take care
of the warning from configure. So probably I have to install the
latest version manually :-(

Marc
Cheers,
- Graham