Re: boxed measures

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: boxed measures
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 09:12:41 -0700 (PDT)

Valentin Villenave wrote:

> I suspect this might be achieveable by using the
> Horizontal_bracket_engraver (see NR1.7.2.3). It would require to
> override the HorizontalBracket #'stencil property and replace it with
> a Scheme callback but I don't know exactly how to do it.
>
> It would certainly be a nice feature to have!

A while back, I did exactly that. I'll look for it and
get back to you, but ultimately, I don't like that method
because it's kludgy and it seems like an abuse of a
feature. I'd prefer something dedicated to that function,
like a Box_engraver or something, but I wouldn't know
where to start. Now I'll see if I can
find it.

- Mark