Re: Naturals & Accidental_engraver

From: Simon Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Naturals & Accidental_engraver
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:28:55 +0700

Hi All,
Yes by now you would have figured out I am musically challenged, seriously musically challenged.

1) My initial task was to generate a result which would demonstrate to my clients the viability of my proposal for standardized music sheets across multiple language groups in our church. This has now been achieved and the lights are turning on.

2) As people have rightly noted there is no need to remove the Accidental_engraver if the music notes are entered correctly. I am now in the process of correcting this deficiency because step one has been achieved and I now have the time to figure out how music theory works. (Assuming I even have the music terms correct?!)

I will be looking myself, but if anyone can suggest a good web site which would aid me in grasping music theory this would also be much appreciated.

And for those who missed the point, telling people what to do and teaching people what to do and why are not the same thing. Many thanks to those who have taught me what to do and why, it is equipping me to be a teacher of others.

Reverend Simon Mackenzie
Lutheran Church of Australia