Accidentals: Unwanted naturals

From: Sona
Subject: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:39:37 -0700 (PDT)

I'm new to Lilypond and the list. So far the code is pretty intuitive, but I am
stumped by the way accidentals work. Several posts deal with this subject, but
probably are beyond a novice's ability to undertand.

I'm transcribing a modern piece with 2 flats in the key signature (I've set
\key g \minor). It's rather atonal, though, so it seems Lilypond tries to
correct pitch by turning every e-flat and b-flat into a natural.

What code do I use to override this? The printed result should have only 4
accidentals. Right now there are 37, and of course the pitches are all off.

What do I put where in what part of the code? I can send my page code, if it
would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
cleo