Re: boxed measures

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: boxed measures
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:21:42 +0200

Dear Mats,
this sounds quite good, but I have no idea how to use the ly:make-stencil-function for drawing boxes!

2009/8/24 Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>
There are already functions available in LilyPond Scheme, to draw boxes, that should be useful here, such as box-stencil. To use it, you first have to create an (empty) stencil of the appropriate dimensions, for example using ly:make-stencil.

/Mats

Nick Payne wrote:

The box could be drawn with Postscript. Here’s an example of drawing large square brackets with Postscript. Easily modifiable to draw a box:

\version "2.12.1"

#(define lbracket "0.25 setlinewidth

0 setlinejoin

0 setlinecap

0.5 -2 moveto

-2 0 rlineto

0 8.8 rlineto

2 0 rlineto

stroke")

#(define rbracket "0.25 setlinewidth

0 setlinejoin

0 setlinecap

0.5 -2 moveto

2 0 rlineto

0 8.8 rlineto

-2 0 rlineto

stroke")

\relative c' {

c4-\markup { \postscript #lbracket } c c c-\markup { \postscript #rbracket }

}

Nick Payne