Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:54:03 +0200

It is actually perfectly reasonable for a person completely new to notating music for this to not make sense. The purpose of the documentation is to provide information about how lilypond prints music. Other resources are necessary to provide information about the difference, both written and sounded of a note and the various accidentals that can change a note.

One big (in my opinion, reasonable) assumption made by the LilyPond documentation is that anyone using the program will be familiar with musical terms and what they mean. Hopefully in english, but there's even a glossary for foreign language speakers.