Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:24:51 +0100

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:05:45AM -0400, Leonardo Herrera wrote:
> I do have a suggestion: I would add two examples to the section that
> shows this clearly.

How is that more clear than:

----
In this example:

    \key d \major
    d cis fis

No note has a printed accidental, but you must still add is and
type cis and fis in the input file.

The code b does not mean “print a black dot just on the middle
line of the staff.” Rather, it means “there is a note with pitch
B-natural.” In the key of A-flat major, it does get an accidental:

    \key aes \major

If the above seems confusing, consider this: if you were playing a
piano, which key would you hit? If you would press a black key,
then you must add -is or -es to the note name!
------

Really, all the info is already there.

Cheers,
- Graham