Re: Lilypond Speed

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: Re: Lilypond Speed
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 20:07:21 +0200

Am Freitag, 28. August 2009 schrieb Jonathan Wilkes:
> Hello,
>      I'm curious how long it takes for other people to run lilypond on the
> following simple score:
>
> \relative c' {
>   c4 d e fis
> }
>
> I'm on winxp sp3, pentium 1.7Ghz with 512mb ram and it consistently takes
> 7 seconds to complete, whether I do it on the command line or in
> LilypondTool.

Core2Duo T7200 at 1GHz:

Creating a PS:
real    0m1.502s
user    0m1.418s
sys     0m0.073s

Creating a PDF:
real    0m1.808s
user    0m1.644s
sys     0m0.138s

And at 2GHz:

Creating a PS:
real    0m0.810s
user    0m0.763s
sys     0m0.040s

Creating a PDF:
real    0m0.973s
user    0m0.879s
sys     0m0.083s

(all values +/- 20ms)

Have you tried right after booting into Windows? It is known to have a faible
for swapping here and there even if the RAM isn't filled up yet.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Windows: reboot. Linux: be root.