Re: Lilypond Speed

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: Lilypond Speed
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:14:00 -0700

Hello,
     I'm curious how long it takes for other people to run lilypond on the

following simple score:

\relative c' {
  c4 d e fis
}

I'm on winxp sp3, pentium 1.7Ghz with 512mb ram and it consistently takes
7 seconds to complete, whether I do it on the command line or in
LilypondTool.

-Jonathan

Using LilypondTool, the first time I compiled it took 27 seconds (!), then
I  added the version statement (based on someone else's comment that it
became shorter) and it took 0 seconds (that was the console output - I
don't know how to get a more precise time - I would assume that means <0.5
sec) and then I removed the version statement and it took 0 seconds again.
LP 2.13.3, LPT 2.12.869, WinXP SP3, Core2Duo 2.8GHz, 2GB RAM.

Tim Reeves