Re: chord duration

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: chord duration
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 23:58:37 +0100

Christian Henning wrote:
Hi there, another problem. I hope people don't get too impatient with
me. I try to figure out how to define a chord notation that doesn't
quite fit into the normal mode. Please consider the following working
code example:

\version "2.12.2"

#(ly:set-option 'delete-intermediate-files #t)  % deletes the .ps file
automatically

<<
  \new ChordNames {
    \chordmode {
      g1 | g1:sus4 | g2 g4:sus4 |
        g1 | g1:sus4 | g2. g4sus4 |
% a dot after the length increases the length of the preceding note
% by 50%

Chistian, may I recommend
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond/Cheat-sheet#Cheat-sheet
which would help as quick reference for this sort of thing.

Cheers,

Ian