making a book with LilyPond

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: making a book with LilyPond
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 12:54:01 +0200

I'm trying to compile a number of scores in a book using just LilyPond (I've tried lilypond-book before, but I had some trouble with layout and as I'm not confident with LaTeX I dropped it).

I need a help to start in the right way.

What I want to print:
* table of content
* scores (let's say 2 scores, as example)

Each score should have the title printed at the beginning.
Page numbers should start from the first score, not from the toc page: so from page 2 and not page 1 of the output.

In order to get a title for each piece, I guess I need to use \bookpart.
I tried the code below, but I get some weird error messages.. Probably, there's something wrong with the way I've included the files in \bookpart

Any suggestion?
Thanks,
Federico

\version "2.13.3"

\paper {
  % I'll add something later
}

\bookpart {
  \header {
    title = "Score 1"
  }
  \include "score1.ly"
}

\bookpart {
  \header {
    title = "Score 2"
  }
  \include "score2.ly"

If I use the code below, the file compiles but I can't get the titles at the beginning of each score.

\version "2.13.3"

\markuplines \table-of-contents
\pageBreak

\tocItem \markup "Score 1"