RE: Lilypond Speed

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: Lilypond Speed
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 19:01:49 +1000

Ask and it shall be done. I took the opportunity while testing builds of
Win2008 x86 and x64 to install LP and run the same test. I found the results
rather surprising. All tests (building Reubke's sonata on the 94th psalm using
LP 2.13.3) conducted on the same machine:

Debian 4 amd64: 4min 4sec

Win2008 SP2 x64: 5min 58sec

Win2008 SP2 x86: 6m 3sec

That's quite a substantial performance hit for the Windows version compared to
Linux. I don't have a server build of x86 Linux but if I get the chance
tomorrow I'll see if Ubuntu 9.04 x86 has the Perc drivers needed to install on
the server and run the test with that.

Nick