Re: one bar number per system

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: one bar number per system
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:07:21 +0100

Dan Eble wrote Wednesday, September 02, 2009 11:51 PM

\bar allows a break, but does not force it. Ideally, I would like a bar number printed only after a break.

If memory serves, the all-visible override didn't work in mid-measure for the upcoming full-measure bar line. (I do not have the time right now to override the next full-measure bar line by hand in 250 scores.)

I understand; thanks.

I have pieced together an experimental solution to build a hash of manually specified measure numbers, which is used by a custom barNumberVisibility function. It doesn't yet work for my multi-score book, because I based it on the table of contents implementation, so the list is global. I suppose I need to store the list of visible bar numbers in the Score context instead. Is that right?

I don't know, but as Bar_number_engraver by default lives in
the Score context you're probably right.  Maybe Mats can
help.

Trevor