Re: calling a music variable using a Scheme function

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: calling a music variable using a Scheme function
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 13:15:33 +0200

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Reinhold
Kainhofer<address@hidden> wrote:
> You have to use let* instead of let. With let* the definitions are evaluated
> in
> the given order and can depend on each other. With let, you cannot use one of
> the variables in the value of another.

Oh, thanks. Actually there was some confusion in my mind between let* and set!

> In the OrchestralLily package (http://www.repo.or.cz/w/orchestrallily.git),
> I'm using this to assign a piece name to a score:

Great. I think I'm finally feeling ready to have a look at your source code :-)

> add-text is like add-score, except that it adds a toplevel-markup instead of a
> score. You can call it anywhere you would also call add-score. However, if you
> want the piece name formatting to take place, then you'll have to assign a
> proper header block as given above.

Will do.
What got me confused here is that in
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=630 I thought Nicolas actually
created header texts instead of standalone markups.

Thanks,
Valentin