Re: \bookpart and the "\include trouble"

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: \bookpart and the "\include trouble"
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 10:42:57 +0200

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:35 PM, Federico Bruni<address@hidden> wrote:

> I can't get it working if in the scores there are some \include.
> The error messages says there's a synthax error in the included file (even
> english.ly!?).

Thats because in file2 you're including english.ly, that contains
toplevel expressions (variable definitions).

Regards,
Valentin

[sorry for the awful quoting, i'm on a webmail]

ok, I've removed the \include statement in the score file which requires it  (file2.ly)

my problem is:

where should I put this statement in my book.ly?

I can't find the right  place..

For example, this input file for my book.ly can't compile (I have the same error if \include "english.ly" is in file2.ly instead of here):

\version "2.13.3"
\include "english.ly"

  \markuplines \table-of-contents
  \pageBreak

   \bookpart{
      \tocItem \markup "Score 1"
       \include "file1.ly"
   }
   \bookpart{
      \tocItem \markup "Score 2"
       \include "file2.ly"
   }

file2.ly:

\version "2.13.3"
% this file requires \include "english.ly"
% here is omitted, hopefully if I put it in book.ly this file will compile correctly... there

\header {
  title= "Score 2"
}

music= { g af b c }