Re: partial chord ties in second alternative

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: partial chord ties in second alternative
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 22:33:57 +0200

Patrick Schmidt schrieb:
hi folks,

is there a way to achieve repeated ties of selected notes of a chord in an alternative
ending (apart from using a "polyphonic approach" in a homophonic context)?

e.g.

\repeat volta 2 {
   <e b e~ g~ b~ e~>1
}
\alternative {
   { <c e g b e>1 }
   { <c e g b e>1 }
}

The \repeatTie command can only be used outside of chords which would create an
open tie for all the notes of the chord in the second alternative. But here I
would like to engrave a repeated tie only for the higher notes (e g b e) of the
chord.

\repeat volta 2 {
  <e b e~ g~ b~ e~>1
}
\alternative {
  { <c e g b e>1 }
  { << c1 \\ < e g b e>1\repeatTie >> }

works just fine for me. Or is this the "polyphonic approach" you mentioned and you just want to avoid?

Marc
Thanks for any hint!

patrick