Re: PATH and definitions.ly problem

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: PATH and definitions.ly problem
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 18:28:52 +0200

On 05.09.2009, at 17:06, Ralph Palmer wrote:

Hi -

I feel kind of foolish, but . . . .

I haven't had much time to do much Lilypond work on my new-ish Ubuntu setup. I'd like some advice on where to put a generic "definitions.ly" file that I want to include in most of my pieces. I'm afraid that if I put the definitions.ly in my Lilypond program directory, it will be eliminated or overwritten when I upgrade. Any advice? If I put it in in a directory above my working directory (I have more than one working directory), how and where do I specify the path in Lilypond?

Thanks for your help,

Ralph

I have a 'lily' command that I've set up in bash that calls lilypond with an included directory for that sort of thing, so even when I upgrade, lilypond still finds my included files.

James E. Bailey