Re: Disconnected and oddly placed stems

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Disconnected and oddly placed stems
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 12:39:51 -0400

Hi Dan,

Notice how the stems in the fourth measure are disconnected and opposite.
Anyone know why this is happening, and how I can fix it?

You are not correctly coding single-staff polyphony — I suggest you (re?)read the appropriate documentation sections, starting with <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/ Combining-notes-into-chords#Combining-notes-into-chords>

Hint: << ... >> is not used for chords.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.