Re: Articulate midi script

From: Grammostola Rosea
Subject: Re: Articulate midi script
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 12:23:28 +0200

Peter Chubb wrote:
"Grammostola" == Grammostola Rosea <address@hidden> writes:

Grammostola> But I got this message:

Grammostola> address@hidden:~/lilypondfiles$ lilywrap lilywraptest.ly
Grammostola> /usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: unrecognized
Grammostola> option: `--midi'

Here's an updated lilywrap script.

You don't actually have to use lilywrap: all it does is insert
 \include "articulate.ly"
 near the top of the file, and insert

\unfoldRepeats \articulate

around the main part of the score.  In fact, in the general case,
you're better off adding it all by hand --- especially if there is
anything between the \score{ and the first bit of real music.

Thanks!

@ Valentin, yeah would be nice if we could improve the midi output by default. I can remember I mentioned this before, but one comment (not from you) was that Lilypond was mainly a notation typesetter... And while been busy with the lilywrap script, I was thinking, ok maybe that's right, but what is wrong with having both, e.g. good lay-out and good midi output?

Regards,

\r