Occasional lyrics

From: Mark Engelberg
Subject: Occasional lyrics
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 10:29:48 +0000 (UTC)

I'm notating a score similar to the SATB template provided in the learning
manual, where lyrics are above and below both staves of the system.

However, through large chunks of the song, the lyrics are all the same (and thus
can be printed once between the staves).  The different lyrics only happen
occasionally.

Right now, the way I'm dealing with this is to set up my ChoirStaff to have four
lyrics lines throughout the song, above and below each staff.  Then, I add a
"\skip 1" for every note for which no lyrics should be printed.

This is tedious and error-prone.  Is there a better way to skip over whole
measures with no lyrics?

Thanks,

Mark