Re: Articulate midi script

From: Grammostola Rosea
Subject: Re: Articulate midi script
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 20:49:50 +0200

David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 18:53:37 +0100
Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 12:23:28PM +0200, Grammostola Rosea wrote:
@ Valentin, yeah would be nice if we could improve the midi output by default. I can remember I mentioned this before, but one comment (not from you) was that Lilypond was mainly a notation typesetter... And while been busy with the lilywrap script, I was thinking, ok maybe that's right, but what is wrong with having both, e.g. good lay-out and good midi output?
Of course there's nothing wrong with having both!  However, nobody
else wants to work on midi output.

Again, why not get in touch with the developer(s) of midge? The
syntax is completely different, but it is *text-based* and GNU.
It is dedicated to midi, not notation.  Why not find a way to
use their work, at worst by means of a translation script?
Regards, daveA

Could an improved articulate script no be enough? What can Midge add to Lilypond midi?

\r