Re: website draft 9

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: website draft 9
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 12:50:50 +0200

Op maandag 07-09-2009 om 12:16 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Frank
Steinmetzger:

> > I proudly present draft 9 of the new website.
> >
> > http://lilypond.org/~graham/out/
> >
> > Please comment.

What especially do you want comments on?

Most images are broken.  Could it be that you did not run post-www.py?

How about having a priority list of things that need to be fixed, e

  -> /Introduction/Features seems to be one of the first pages the user
     is directed towards, and it has a big "help" box.

  -> Learning.html is "empty"

  -> The "essay" and author links still say "blah".

Related to that...I'm not very pleased with the top level pages
"Manuals" and "Community".

When you click on Manuals or Community, you enter some kind of "link
farm", there's no real content there.

What about, instead of showing the second-level "(main)" overview,
opening the second second-level menu entry, ie

  Manuals --> Learning.html
  Community --> Contact.html

[supposing those are the best guesses/most used pages by first-timers]

> I'm sorry to report that you overdid the javascripting. Opening an image in
> Konqueror from its thumbnail doesn't work - the frame pops up and closes
> again immediately.

Are you sure this is javascript -- could the broken image links be the
problem?

Jan.

AvatarĀ®: http://AvatarAcademy.nl    | http://lilypond.org