Re: website draft 9

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Re: website draft 9
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 14:38:40 +0200

> > > http://lilypond.org/~graham/out/
> > >
> > > Please comment.
>
> What especially do you want comments on?
>
> Most images are broken.  Could it be that you did not run post-www.py?
>
> How about having a priority list of things that need to be fixed, e
>
>   -> /Introduction/Features seems to be one of the first pages the user
>      is directed towards, and it has a big "help" box.
>
>   -> Learning.html is "empty"
>
>   -> The "essay" and author links still say "blah".
>
> Related to that...I'm not very pleased with the top level pages
> "Manuals" and "Community".
>
> When you click on Manuals or Community, you enter some kind of "link
> farm", there's no real content there.
>
> What about, instead of showing the second-level "(main)" overview,
> opening the second second-level menu entry, ie
>
>   Manuals --> Learning.html
>   Community --> Contact.html
>
> [supposing those are the best guesses/most used pages by first-timers]
Thanks for your comments. Sorry for not having been precise. I changed some
aspects of the layout (which were to be commented) and therefore didn't have
time to create content as well. I get the impression that Graham's calls for
help on content haven't fallen on very fertile ground of lately.

Cheers,
patrick