Re: website draft 9

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: website draft 9
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 14:36:13 +0100

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 12:50:50PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Most images are broken.  Could it be that you did not run post-www.py?

Images are fine on master.  For various reasons, he's working on
web-gop, and for various reasons, images don't work on web-gop.
And no, it's not worth fixing or asking why.

I should have asked him to clarify that he wanted comments about
the CSS, rather than content.

> How about having a priority list of things that need to be fixed, e
>
>   -> /Introduction/Features seems to be one of the first pages the user
>      is directed towards, and it has a big "help" box.

Well, that *is* a priority to be fixed.  :)

>   -> Learning.html is "empty"
>
>   -> The "essay" and author links still say "blah".

Those are content issues, and were already fixed on master.

> Related to that...I'm not very pleased with the top level pages
> "Manuals" and "Community".
>
> When you click on Manuals or Community, you enter some kind of "link
> farm", there's no real content there.
>
> What about, instead of showing the second-level "(main)" overview,
> opening the second second-level menu entry, ie
>
>   Manuals --> Learning.html
>   Community --> Contact.html
>
> [supposing those are the best guesses/most used pages by first-timers]

I disagree here -- although those pages might be most used by
first-timers, I'd wager that the most common doc use is the NR.

If anybody really wants to see the content (i.e. current docs from
master), they know where to find it.  I'll be asking for public
comments about this in a few days.

Cheers,
- Graham