Re: website draft 9

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: website draft 9
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:54:13 -0700

On 2009-09-07, Patrick Schmidt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I proudly present draft 9 of the new website.
>
> http://lilypond.org/~graham/out/
>
> Please comment.

Very cool.  I like it.

One comment about the lily-home-png:  I don't really like the gray
top/bottom border you are using, since the other gradient images don't
have this border.

> BTW: Has anybody out there a clue why the lily-home-png (the tab
> with the lily on the left) appears to be a wee bit smaller than the
> rest of the main menu bar even though all pngs have the same size?

Yes, this is because there are hair-splitting calculations going on in
the CSS.

The tiny "border" that appears underneath the top navigation bar is
the result of background colors showing through, since the
line-height/padding of the text is slightly larger than the gradient
images.  In other words, everything is currently estimated, and I
don't know how to make it more exact.

The lily-home-png image appears to be a different size because of this
estimation.  The attached patch seems to provide better results, but I
don't know if this is what you want.  I've only tested Firefox 3.5.2.

Thanks,
Patrick