Re: website draft 9

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: website draft 9
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 00:22:19 +0100

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 05:11:10PM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 9/7/09 3:37 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Sounds like a mistake in the packaging.  COPYING in the source
> > tree says GPLv2.
>
> But GPL v2 has as part of its text "or (at your option) any later version'."
>
> see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.txt>
>
> at least if I understand it correctly.

You are incorrect -- or rather, that doesn't apply to lilypond.
The license states that you may add the optional text "or any
later version".  But this was not done in lilypond 12 years ago.
The COPYING file states the copyright license that lilypond is
under[1]; it does *not* include the "or any later version" clause.

[1] the code, at least.  Docs are FDL, and code snippets may have
their own license.

Again, please read the previous discussions on -devel.  The latest
one happened in June or July of this year.

Cheers,
- Graham