Re: Using Lilypond to produce publication-ready music

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Using Lilypond to produce publication-ready music
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 09:43:04 +0200

Hello Mark,

one first point:
to set the right margin, you have to set the line-width in the paper-block. This is, what I include in my scores (it does not fit your specifications, but should be adjustable):

% set the paper size
#(set-default-paper-size "a4")
\paper {
        % alternativly set it int the paper block
        #(set-paper-size "a4")

        % 2,5cm margin
        left-margin = 25\mm
        % width din a4: 210mm ... I found it at wikipedia.org
        % to get 25mm right margin: 210 - (25 + 25) = 160
        line-width = 160\mm

        top-margin = 15\mm
        bottom-margin = 15\mm
}
I hope it helps.

Greetings,
Jan-Peter.

Mark Engelberg schrieb:
First, the margins need to be bigger.  At least a 1/2-inch top, bottom, left,
and right.  I thought this would be easy to change, and there are in fact
settings for top and bottom and left, but not right.  I tried this in the \paper
block:
  top-margin = 10\mm
  bottom-margin = 10\mm
  left-margin = 16\mm
  #(define line-width (- line-width (* 8 mm)))