Relative thickness of PianoStaff Braces

From: Jonathan Wilkes
Subject: Relative thickness of PianoStaff Braces
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
     I'm having trouble tweaking the Brace at the beginning of a system.
My test code is below; basically, I'd like to make the brace oonnecting
three staves less thick.

That brings me to my second question.  I've attached two pngs, one of
Lilypond braces and the other from a Durand score of Debussy's 1st
Prelude, Bk. II, available here:

http://imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/d/dd/IMSLP00510-Debussy_-_Preludes__Book_2.pdf

Both Durand braces are of course much thicker, but the point is that they
have comparable weights (not sure what to call it).

Lilypond's large brace basically looks like the smaller brace has been
enlarged by about 170%, which looks a lot less elegant.  Shouldn't the
brace be stretched vertically without changing the thickness?

-Jonathan

example code:

\version "2.12.2"

\score {
        \new PianoStaff
%         \override PianoStaff.SystemStartBrace #'thickness = #0.2
          <<
          \new Staff = "rh" {
          <<  { c' d' e' f' }
            \new Staff \with { alignAboveContext = "rh" } { c' d' e' f' }

          \break
          c' d' e' f'
          }
          \new Staff {
          c' d' e' f'
          c' d' e' f'

\paper {
        indent = 0
}

%\layout {
%       \context { \PianoStaff
%               \override SystemStartBrace #'thickness = #0.2
%       }
%}