Re: shortcut for creating new Staff "subclass" context?

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: shortcut for creating new Staff "subclass" context?
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 00:41:50 -0400

On 2009-09-08, at 15:25 , Kieren MacMillan wrote:

It would be so much easier to be able to force "inheritance" of everything, e.g.

 \context {
   \name "MyStaff"
   \from "Staff"
   instrumentName = #"MyStaff"
   shortInstrumentName = #"My"
 }

Is there anything like this? (From what I've read and experienced, \alias does *NOT* do this.)

I might have done something like that in the recent past. Does the following help? SoloVoice is a kind of Voice. UpperVoice and LowerVoice are kinds of SoloVoice.