Re: accidental spacing (multiple signs): X-extent and ly:accidental-inte

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: accidental spacing (multiple signs): X-extent and ly:accidental-interface::width
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 10:23:29 -0400

Hi Torsten,

- What exactly does this pair of numbers mean? Why are there two values to specify the width of a graphical object?

From the grob-interface doc page: "Each grob has a reference point (a.k.a. parent): the position of a grob is stored relative to that reference point."

Although I can't find a specific reference in the docs, I believe the pair of numbers for X-extent represent, respectively, the distance [in staff spaces] from the grob's reference point to the leftmost and rightmost "edges" of its bounding box — no doubt someone will correct me if I'm mistaken. =)

  - What is the definition of ly:accidental-interface::width?

No idea.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Also, I would appreciate suggestions how to avoid collisions between accidentals and preceding notes.

Doesn't Accidental have a padding and/or left-padding property?

Hope this helps!
Kieren.