Re: problems building documentation without compiling LilyPond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: problems building documentation without compiling LilyPond
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:32:26 +0100

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 07:06:13PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 10. September 2009 18:27:04 schrieb Patrick Schmidt:
> > I'm having problems to build documentation (without compiling LilyPond) on
> > MacOS X 10.4.11. My www-out directory only contains the file dummy.dep. For
> > error messages see attached file.
>
> Also, "cp GNUmakefile.in GNUmakefile" will never work (that's like trying to
> execute a source file without compiling it)! GNUmakefile will be produced
> by autogen, if you have all the necessary applications installed...

Jan or Han-Wen said we could do this.  Unless something changed in
the past year -- which it might have :(  -- it will work.  I spent
at least three years doing that.

> Also, you might need to install pngtopnm:
>
> sh: line 1: pngtopnm: command not found

Yes, this will be necessary.

I'm wondering more about these lines that happened during "make -C
python":

powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: ERROR:: No such file or directory
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: pkg-config: No such file or
directory
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: not: No such file or directory
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: found: No such file or directory
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fcflags"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fcflags"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fcflags"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fcflags"
lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//ccjUksrx.out (No such file
or directory)
make: *** [out/midi.lo] Error 1

if he can't build python stuff (namely lilypond-book), then he's
hosed.

I could try to look at this in a day or two, but there's lots of
other things I need to be doing in town and university.  (such as
buying toilet paper.  Gee, these residences are cheap!  I figured
they'd give me one roll so I didn't have to find a Tesco or
Sainsburys or whatever on my very first day here...!)

For anybody who cares about the new website, especially getting it
running on master, helping him fix (or just install the additional
software) would be a good thing.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham