Re: \voiceOne style in a new context

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: \voiceOne style in a new context
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:28:18 +0100

2009/9/9 Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>:

> How can I call this function inside the \context definition?

You can't: music isn't allowed inside a context definition.

> Or is there a better/easier way to make "UpperVoice" be a \oneVoice?

There's the only way, which involves adding all the overrides
manually; if you take a look in music-functions.scm, you'll find a
list called `direction-polyphonic-grobs', which contains all the grobs
which have 'direction set.

Then there's the 'staff-position for full-bar rests,

 399      (make-grob-property-set 'MultiMeasureRest 'staff-position
(if (odd? n) -4 4))))))

and the grace note settings, which can be lifted directly from the
list following this line:

 382      (make-property-set 'graceSettings

Regards,
Neil