text in horizontal space between staves

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: text in horizontal space between staves
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 00:14:47 +0200

Dear all,

I'm trying to engrave some text in a horizontal space in between two staves. I
didn't manage to center the text vertically between the two staves (see
attached png). I didn't find a snippet for this in the docs. Here's the code I
used:

\version "2.13.3"
{ c'1  \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.segno" }
        \stopStaff
  \override  NoteHead #'stencil =##f
  e''1_\markup {\null \raise #6 { D.S. al \hspace #1 \raise #0.75
  \musicglyph #"scripts.coda" –– \hspace #1 \raise #0.75
  \musicglyph #"scripts.coda" }}
  c' c' c' c' c' c' c'
  \override  NoteHead #'stencil =##t
\startStaff
\mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.coda" } c'1 }

How can I center the text vertically and maybe typeset the coda symbols in a
new line (between the two staves). I also would like to get rid of the rests of
the staff lines within the horizontal space. But I'm sure there are more
appropriate solutions without any error messages.

Thanks for pointers!
patrick