Re: Grand PartCombine Rewrite Project

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Grand PartCombine Rewrite Project
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:22:52 -0400

Hi Han-Wen,

This subject has come up before, and solutions were proposed before.
I recommend you vet through the mailing list older comments since the
last rewrite.

That's definitely part of my plan!

Ouch. The traditional role is that the 'lead' (you, that is?) be the programmer.

Obviously... if anyone else with better Scheme-fu is interested in taking the lead, I'm willing and excited to step back/down. I'm even willing to chip in some $pon$or$hip for a real lead, in order to make sure this goes well and quickly.

I was just saying that (1) no one else launched the project so I'm the default lead for now, and (2) I'm wiilling to slog away at it as lead programmer for as long as necessary to make the rewrite happen, but it'll take a lot longer since my learning curve is higher.

Cheers,
Kieren.