Re: special markings for string players....

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: special markings for string players....
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 23:12:51 +0200

Paul Malcolm schrieb:
Can anyone answer the following. I am a string (Viola) player and need some special markings in my sheet music. One is the usual semitone marker. This is like a circumflex between two notes. For example e f would be written roughly as e^f but with the circumflex over the two notes. Is there a way to do this in Lilypond ?
Something similar is needed for bends in guitar music which I try to implement in lilypond. Do you have an example for this sign somewhere? Perhaps some bits of my code will be suitable
for your needs ...
Also for string playing there markers for bowing such as heel middle and point. Is there a way to do this in Lilypond or do I just use the usual function to add text to the manuscript ?
How should they look like?

Marc