Re: "cancelling" \RemoveEmptyStaffContext

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: "cancelling" \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:58:43 -0400

Hi Reinhold,

it might work to revert the changes that RESC does to the Staff context:

\context {
  \Staff
  \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
  \remove "Hara_kiri_engraver"
  \revert Beam #'auto-knee-gap
  \revert VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-empty
}

After all, \RESC is just a shortcut for certain changes to the \Staff context::
RemoveEmptyStaffContext = \context {
  \Staff
  \remove "Axis_group_engraver"
  \consists "Hara_kiri_engraver"
  \override Beam #'auto-knee-gap = #'()
  \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-empty = ##t
}

I ended up discovering that on my own just now — but thanks for the confirmation! Is there any way that *doesn't* require knowing what's in \RESC, so that my scores are "future-proofed"?

Thanks,
Kieren.