Text editor

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Text editor
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:52:32 -0400

Greetings -

While I continue to try to emacs to work on my Ubuntu installation, I have a related question.

ConTEXT, my favorite text editor for LilyPond and ABC on my WinXP machine, has recently gone open source. Has anyone successfully ported (is that the correct term? Compiled for?) ConTEXT to Linux? If so, would you be willing to help me get ConTEXT going on my Ubuntu machine? My programming skills are minimal. If we're successful, I'd be happy to share the process with others.

Ralph
--
Ralph Palmer
Montague City, MA