Re: Png image files are always 859x1111

From: Stephen Corey
Subject: Re: Png image files are always 859x1111
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 07:21:31 -0700

Hello,

I typeset music weekly for display using Powerpoint. I'm attaching the template I use. Once I have all the page breaks set the way I want, I run lilypond in terminal (Linux) to generate the final png images.

lilypond -fpng -dresolution=300 filename.ly

The resolution doesn't need to be so high since display resolution is only around 90 pixels per inch. But the higher resolution seems to work
better for whatever reason.

After generating my png images, I typically open them with Gimp and
convert the white background to alpha  (Colors | Color to Alpha) before
background to your music, which sometimes makes for a nicer display.

The template I use...

\version "2.12.0"
#(set-global-staff-size 40)
\header {
        title = ""
        subtitle = ""
        composer = ""
        tagline = ""
}

% The defined paper sizes are based on pixel to point conversion
% 1024 X 768 pixels (typical screen size) is equivalent to 768 X 576 points
% The line width of 748 allows for 10 points of white space on either side of the image
\paper {
        #(define paper-width ( * 768 pt))
        #(define line-width ( * 748 pt))
        #(define page-height ( * 576 pt))
        print-page-number= ##f
        between-system-space = 3.5\cm
        between-system-padding = #4
        ragged-bottom=##t
        ragged-last-bottom=##t
        %system-count = 18
        %annotate-spacing = ##t
}

\relative c' {
        \override Score.PaperColumn #'keep-inside-line = ##t
        \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn #'keep-inside-line = ##t
        \override Score.BarNumber #'transparent = ##t
        \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
        \time 4/4
        \key c \major

}

\addlyrics {

}

\layout {
        indent = 0.0 \cm
}

These settings are sometimes used to help tweak the final results, though I generally keep them commented out:
        %system-count = 18
        %annotate-spacing = ##t

Regards,

Stephen Corey