Re: Png image files are always 859x1111

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Png image files are always 859x1111
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:52:44 +0200

Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
You know you can have LilyPond transparent (alpha) PNGs directly by using
-dpixmap-format=pngalpha on the commandline, like:

lilypond -dresolution=300 -dpixmap-format=pngalpha --png file.ly

or by including these lines in your template:

#(ly:set-option 'pixmap-format "pngalpha")
#(ly:set-option 'resolution 300)

Does not work for me here in neither way. Do I have to specify a special version of GS or something?

But anyway, even if it worked, I think to remember that the default GS pgnalpha backend only does "binary" transparency, not "gradual" transparency - which means that on antialiased boundarys of objects which softly turn into white you'll see white shadows, right? The correct way - at least IMHO - is to leave the foreground color as black for all "drawn" pixels and only adjust the alpha channel to what was the gray value before.

Cheers,
Alexander