Snow Leopard and Smultron

From: arl
Subject: Snow Leopard and Smultron
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:45:38 +0100

I'm running 2.13.3-0 on my Mac under Leopard - it's wonderful to have a "proper" working version again on the Mac. Thanks to all who have produced this version.

I notice on the LilyPond page for the Mac that "The text editor Smultron does not work properly under Snow Leopard."
I looked up the Smultron page ( http://smultron.sourceforge.net/ ) and it appears that a beta version of Smultron for Snow Leopard (SL) now exists so the above comment may need revision. I haven't managed to check whether Smultron is OK under SL.

Over the weekend  I installed SL on my younger daughter's Mac and installed LilyPond (2.13.3-0) on it to check that it would work under SL. I saved the LilyPond test page and tried to compile it. LilyPond appeared to run OK (menus etc.) until you tried to compile a file - then it just sat there!

I value the facility to use LilyPond far more that being able to run my Mac under Snow Leopard so I won't be updating my own Mac to SL until LilyPond works under it. Is the reason for LilyPond not working under SL known or are more investigations necessary?

with best regards,
Arthur Lawrence