Re: Contemporary music required feature #1: chromatic transposition

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Contemporary music required feature #1: chromatic transposition
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:49:19 -0600

On 9/24/09 1:29 PM, "Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
>> If you get the chromatic transposition working properly, I'll commit to
>> helping you get it embedded in LilyPond.
>
> Carl, please consider yourself my personal beacon of light in such
> discussions :-)
>
> Could you give me a hint as to whether this needs a page in the
> tracker, and how said page ought to be phrased?

I would guess that it needs a page, but I have no idea how it should be
phrased.  I only barely followed Joe's concerns.  He hasn't presented a
minimal example (or even a complex example, that I can remember) of how he'd
like things to behave differently.

But I do know that he's trying to find a different enharmonic equivalent of
a given note, and I'm positive that it's possible to add it to the base
LilyPond functionality once he's figured out how to do it.  So I agreed to
help.

Joe, can you come up with a short description and a minimal example, so
Valentin can add it to the tracker?

Thanks,

Carl