Re: Microtonal Helmholtz-Ellis notation in Lilypond: fine-tuning

From: Graham Breed
Subject: Re: Microtonal Helmholtz-Ellis notation in Lilypond: fine-tuning
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:10:41 +0800

Stefan Thomas wrote:
Ok, I've understood this now.
In the meantime, I tried to make my own microtone-uitchtable.
But, unfortunately, it doesn't work.
I always get the error message:

stefansMikrotoene.ly:32:6: warning: Could not find glyph-name for
alteration -162/247

That says it's a warning, not an error, so it shouldn't stop anything working. To get rid of it you have to define a valid glyph for each alteration even when you don't use them.

I don't understand how to make use of the HE-font, when defining the
alteration signs.
Here is my short snippet:
<snip>

It's too short. You've taken out the support code for the arbitrary accidentals. Also, this part:

\paper{
#(define fonts (make-pango-font-tree "Century Schoolbook L"
                                      "HE"
                                      "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono"
                         1))
}

looks out of date. I used to do it that way, but there's a better way to set the font.

                   Graham